Exhibitor Set Up Info
Official Set Up instructions, pass and a map will be emailed to you about a week before the event.
Email Janet.Gamache@gmail.com if you do not receive your information.
Here is ESSENTIAL information regarding Set Up for the event:
PARKING- Because of the small number of available parking spaces in our historic downtown event area, only ONE SPACE will be assigned to each exhibitor!
Your Exhibitor PASS / Parking Permit -must be clearly displayed on your vehicle dashboard or affixed to your trailer. Vehicles and trailers without passes are subject to being towed!
You Do NOT need to go to “Check in” if you bring your printed PASS with you. You must have your pass to enter the event area. If you forget or need a pass printed, you can get one at First Methodist Church located at 5th Ave & Grandview St. on Friday 2-6pm or Sat 6-8 am. Enter the front door on 5th Ave.
Your Exhibitor PASS / Parking Permit must be clearly displayed on your vehicle dashboard or affixed to your trailer when parked. Vehicles and trailers without passes are subject to being towed!
Friday Set Up *HELPFUL TIP- * If you can Dolly-in (walk your items) from your assigned parking lot on Friday, you will avoid the vehicle traffic during the Load-in times. You must be in your assigned parking lot before 4:30 pm or you will need to wait until the time listed on your Exhibitor pass . Enter with the other vehicles.
Exhibitors with booth locations starting with “B” are on Baker St. and will receive separate instructions for load-in.
Here are 10 more IMPORTANT TIPS!
1. ANYONE can “DOLLY” in if you are Parked in your assigned parking lot on Friday before 4:30 pm.
If you determine the lot is too far when you arrive, proceed to your assigned ENTRY POINT at your Assigned Time with your vehicle.
If you choose to Dolly -In, you will be allowed to walk your items to your booth space. Keep all items OFF the road against the curb. Once the Police give us the “All Clear” you will be allowed to start set up at approx. 5:00 pm. Do NOT start your set up before the all-clear is given or you will be asked to tear it down. If you get to your assigned lot and determine it is too far to dolly, simply leave the event area and enter at your Entry Point with your vehicle at your assigned Set Up time.
2. EVERYONE can drive in Sat & Sun to drop via their assigned Entry Point between 6:30- 8:00 am. You do not need to Dolly on Sat & Sun. Please have your vehicles out of the event area by 8:15 am Sat and Sun.
Although everyone is assigned one parking space, we do not have the staff to monitor lots Sat & Sun. Please be courteous and do Not park in a lot that is not assigned to you.Place your pass on your dash or attach it to your trailer or you may be subject to towing.
3. If your ENTRY POINT is 3 or 4enter at D at Charles and Donnelly St and proceed to turn Left at your assigned entry point.
4. If your booth location starts with “B” you are on Baker St. and will receive separate instructions for load-in.
5. DO NOT turn around or backuponce inside the event area. If you miss your space, continue out of the event area and enter through your entry point again. Your assigned Parking area may be in a place that seems logical to back up or get to by going in the wrong direction on your map. DO NOT go against the traffic flow. Be calm and follow the path out and around the event area to come back in to get to your parking area.
6. Do not set up while your vehicle is in the event area if at all possible. Streets are tight. Please unload your items to the curbside, go park your vehicle in your assigned lot and return to finish setting up. If you need to unload and set up at the same time, be courteous and arrive after 7pm when traffic is clear.
7. Your booth number goes in the CENTERof the back of your booth! Even one booth in the wrong place will disrupt the row of booths and you will be asked to move it if you are off center.
8. Staking of tents is NOT allowed anywhere in the event but your tent must be secure with blocks, sand bags or other weights. Please bring proper weights to secure your tent for up to 40 mph gusts.
9. First time exhibitors may not know that Mount Dora is a “HILLY” town. Many of you will experience an incline in your area. If your booth space is between 329 and 363, we recommend that you bring short wood boards or blocks to level your tent or table in case you feel you need to be more level.
10. Student Volunteers will be available during Friday Set Up and Sunday Tear down. They will be wearing safety yellow or green Tshirts and most likely walking in packs looking at their cell phones. Wave them down if you need them! We pay their school to have them so don’t be shy to call them over. They are there to help speed up the set up/tear down process to keep traffic flowing.
Finally, please remember that volunteers might be new to this event. Be nice. They might not know information you are looking for. Do not hesitate to CALL ME or wave down someone with a radio to call me if you have questions or become frustrated at any time.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and if you have questions or require clarification please do not hesitate to call me (352) 217-839
Baker St vendors
If your booth space starts with the letter “B” your location is on Baker St. Your area allows for different load-in options than the other sections of the show. Refer to the event area MAP to familiarize yourself with the event footprint.
3rd Ave vendors
If your booth space is between 329 and 363, we recommend that you bring short wood boards or blocks to level your tent or table in case you feel you need to be more level.
Below is a photo looking up 3rd Ave so that you can get an idea of the incline.
Due to tight, congested streets, Food Vendors should hold off from setting up until after the majority of exhibitors have left the event area, after 6:30pm. Food vendors setting up in intersections must keep their set up out of the crosswalks. Trailers can be parked in Evans Park at the south end of Donnelly St on the cement pad. Do not park on the grass in the park.
Setting up on Saturday morning
If you are planning to load-in Saturday morning you may do so after 6:00 AM and before 8:00 AM. All vehicles must be clear of the event area by 8:15 AM.